Sur La Table De Lola

Cahiers, petit déjeuner, photos, dessert, livres, fleurs, lego, radio, bouteille ... Chaque jour, quelque chose de différent sur ma table.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : United States

Exilée volontaire.

13 octobre 2005

Sur ma table ... Jeudi 13 octobre: My kitchen!

Here is my kitchen, with one of the critters that come to to graze in it at regular intervals. This is my most beautiful kitchen ever. I liked very much my last Paris kitchen, rue Saint Charles, it was bright and sunny, but too small to move about and certainly not as nice as this. My Memphis kitchen was a nightmare, this one is like a dream. I love the light, the many cupboards, the granite counters, the tiled floor ... It seems so vast before I started to install all our kitchen things in it, and now, the space is taken up by so many little things. The drawings and collages, the postcards of France have followed us for a while now, some of them are starting to show their age, but they are always the first to go up on the walls and cupboards doors after we move, and the kitchen wouldn't be our kitchen without this remembrance of things past ...

The favorite cupboard, the one in which you find the good stuff: rice, pasta and many different kinds of couscous, cereal, apple sauce, and a lot of cookies in many shapes and colors, but most of them including chocolate as a primary ingredient (looking at the picture, I notice two things that I was not really aware of: first of all there are a lot of boxes of cookies in there, I guess that tells a lot about the critters' appetite when they come back from school; second, those cookies come from all over the world, the Pim's from my childhood that the boys love, the Petits Ecoliers from my adolescent years, which they adore, the Swedish Anna's spice cookies that I buy at Ikea and can eat at any time of the day and night, but preferably with a square of very dark good [= not american] chocolate, and the Italian cookies that came in the mail from my BBM2 buddy, Chiara), a good selection of teas and tisanes, and also a lot of French goodies ...


... Gros plan on the mentioned above pâtés, foie gras, confitures, moutardes, gelées (I have two in particular that I am dying to open, but I keep waiting a the good opportunity to do so: the Gelée de piments d'espelette; that I bought in Biarritz, and the Ginger jelly Chiara sent me from Italy), mousses, calamars à l'encre, cassoulet ...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

j'aime beaucoup l'idée de marquer les jours et les saisons qui passent sur la table de la cuisine...haut lieu de vie...c'est là aussi que vous tisanaillez?

2:23 PM  
Blogger Lola said...

Bonjour Lili!
Quelle mémoire! Je suis épatée que vous vous souveniez de mon Ubuntu ...
En fait, je m'en vais tisanailler à quelques pas de ma cuisine, face mon ordinateur lui même placé devant une fenêtre qui me permet de suivre le rythme des saisons (en ce moment: branches noires et nues).
Et j'ai un peu abandonné la Table pour un autre blog: D'ici là (http://dicila.blogspot.com/)
A bientôt,

Lola

6:25 PM  
Blogger Nelly said...

Que vois-je ??
De la cramaillotte, ici, aux Zétazunis ??
Merveille ! Les confitures de Marie parcourent le monde. Et pas n'importe quelle confiture !
Je suis ravie de voir cela..

Une auzatoise occasionnelle

6:47 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home